The Iowa Biogas Assessment Model was created in 2014 to support the growth of Iowa's biogas industry.
IBAM was built with inspiration from several sources. The documentation includes a full listing of data references.
The primary references include:
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory's Cost of Renewable Energy Spreadsheet Tool (CREST)
- Environmental Protection Agency's AgSTAR program
- MapServer (mapserver.org)
- JQuery and Bootstrap
IBAM features a rich set of mapping information regarding Iowa biogas resources. In addition to the dynamic maps, you may download static maps from the links below.
- IBAM Development: Mark Mba Wright and Boyan Li - Bioeconomy Institute & Mechanical Engineering Department at Iowa State University
- Geographic Information Systems: Shannon Thol - EcoEngineers
- Program Manager: Shashi Menon - EcoEngineers
The IBAM tools are sponsored by grant funding through the Iowa Economic Development Authority, Energy Office, and are free and available for public use.